Announcing a call for submissions:
Challenges for the Delusional: Part II
Deadline: June 8, 2017
Great news! Diode Editions (Virginia Commonwealth University in Qatar) will publish a second volume of Challenges for the Delusional to coincide with the 25th Annual Winter Poetry & Prose Getaway.
The anthology will begin with a sampling of Peter’s prompts for poetry, fiction and nonfiction. The remainder will feature published and unpublished poetry and prose written by participants and faculty at any Murphy Writing getaway.
We invite you to submit your work. Compensation for pieces that are chosen will be in the form of one copy of the published volume, as well as our eternal thanks. In addition, you will be invited to share your work at one of the Challenges II readings to be scheduled in 2018.
Interested? Here’s what to do:
Submission Process via Submittable
Submissions will be accepted until June 8, 2017. There is a $2 fee to help offset the cost of using Submittable.
- Each submitted piece must have been written at a Murphy Writing getaway.
- Format a single Word document with a standard 12 pt font—like Times New Roman—with either of the following:
- 3 pages of poetry
- one poem per page, single spaced
- or up to 2,000 words of prose (self-contained excerpts of longer pieces are welcome)
- double spaced
- This can be 1 longer piece or multiple shorter pieces (maximum of 3).
- 3 pages of poetry
- We welcome previously published work for which you own the rights. On the documents you submit, please include any citations of where they’ve appeared and a sentence saying that you own the rights.
- If you remember which program your pieces are from, tell us where, when, your workshop leader, etc. If you don’t remember, please remind us which Murphy Writing getaway(s) you’ve attended.
- Complete this online application with the files above and pay the $2 submission fee.
- Please adhere to these formatting guidelines or your submission will not be considered.
- Decisions will be announced via email by the fall.
Questions? Email our editors at email@example.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is it possible for me to send a writing sample of both poetry and prose?
A: We can only consider one application per writer and recommend submitting work in your strongest genre.