SRI & ETTC Registration for Teachers
South Jersey teachers may be eligible to have their districts pay their tuition when they register with ETTC hours. This special opportunity is offered in partnership with the Southern Regional Institute and ETTC (SRI & ETTC).
The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey and Murphy Writing Present
Winter Poetry & Prose Getaway
January 16-19, 2015
Stockton Seaview Hotel
Galloway, NJ (Atlantic City area)
The Winter Poetry & Prose Getaway is a conference where educators hone their writing skills and expand their teaching strategies. It was founded on the belief that when writers leave behind the distractions of their busy lives to gather in an encouraging community, they are able to make important breakthroughs in their art. Now in its 22nd year, the Winter Getaway will be held at Stockton Seaview Hotel in Galloway, NJ over the Martin Luther King holiday weekend.
ETTC registrations will be accepted starting Oct. 15, 2014.
- Engage with the Common Core Standards by practicing different types of writing for different purposes and audiences.
- Choose from 16 workshops in poetry, fiction, nonfiction or memoir where they will read, write, revise and share their writing.
- Enjoy challenging and supportive sessions and insightful feedback.
- Earn 18 hours of PD credit.
Beginning and experienced creative writers are welcome. We firmly believe that every teacher—no matter the grade level or subject—is a teacher of writing, and that teachers who write become better teachers of writing.
South Jersey teachers may be eligible to have their districts pay their tuition when they register with ETTC hours.
“The Beginning Your Novel workshop helped me grow as a writer, teacher and person. I would encourage anyone needing inspiration to attend whether they consider themselves a writer or not.”
~ Jean, Mullica Hill, NJ, ETTC Participant
- Check whether your school, college or organization participates in Richard Stockton College’s SRI & ETTC Consortium. View the list of participating schools.
- Register using ETTC hours by visiting the ETTC workshops site, searching Keyword “Poetry” and completing the registration process. Your district will be asked to approve your utilization of ETTC Hours.
- Once you are approved, email email@example.com with your 1st & 2nd choice of Getaway workshops and tell us if you would like to add-on a room package or tutorial.
The conference will take place over the Martin Luther King holiday weekend, beginning Friday evening and concluding Monday afternoon. Here is a sample schedule, or you may view the full weekend schedule here.
|9:00 am-12 pm||Workshops - Choose from 16 workshops in poetry, fiction, nonfiction or memoir. See your choices.|
|12:00-1:15 pm||Lunch & Announcements|
|4:15-5:30 pm||Tutorials & Free Time|
5 Reasons You Should Attend
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-823-5076