The Winter Poetry & Prose Getaway will take place at Stockton Seaview Hotel, a resort down the road from Atlantic City’s famous beach and boardwalk. Located near the intersection of the AC Expressway and the Garden State Parkway, Seaview is just 65 minutes from Philadelphia, 100 minutes from Princeton and just over 2 hours from North Jersey and New York. See the below for the address, directions and parking info.
Stockton Seaview Hotel
Join us at the Jersey Shore as we take over Stockton Seaview Hotel, a historic four-star resort just outside Atlantic City. You will get the best rate for your room and meals by selecting a room package during the Getaway registration process.
This elegant property offers:
- Luxury accommodations with free wi-fi
- Spacious comfortable common areas, perfect for writing
- Art gallery curated by The Noyes Museum of Art
- Indoor pool and fitness center
- Walking paths and championship golf course
- Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa
- Gift shop with a coffee bar
- Restaurant, bar and game room on-site
We offer several room packages to choose from. Learn more about your choices on the Registration Page.
Fun Facts about Seaview
- Princess Grace Kelly had her Sweet 16 Party at Seaview in 1946 in the Oval Room where we will hold the Getaway Disco. Look for the photo of her dancing with her daddy just outside the door.
- The Rolling Stones stayed at Seaview for 10 days in 1989 during their Steel Wheels Tour. We’re still trying to find out whether or not they trashed their rooms. Rumor has it that Eric Clapton showed up for lunch one day.
- Bob Dylan was also a guest at Seaview around the same time. He checked in under the pseudonym “Justin Case.” Get it?
- Seaview has hosted PGA & LPGA Championships on their award-winning Bay Course. Presidents Harding & Eisenhower, avid golfers, were both regulars. Harding bet on every swing. The management is mum about Ike’s gambling habits.
- The Noyes Museum of Art curates a gallery at Seaview.
- Seaview is located on the edge of the Pine Barrens with hundreds of wooded acres waiting to be explored. Overlooking Reed’s Bay, the property offers views of the Forsythe National Wildlife Refuge and the Atlantic City skyline.
Winter Poetry & Prose Getaway
at Stockton Seaview Hotel
401 S. New York Road
Galloway, NJ 08205
(Atlantic City area)
609-652-1800 / 800-205-6518
Important Update – 12/30/2015 – The “Rest Stop” Exit on the Garden State Parkway has closed since last year. Please follow these new directions to Seaview
From the North: Travel South on the Garden State Parkway to Exit 41. At the light at the end of the ramp, turn left on Jimmie Leeds Road. Proceed east 3.7 miles. Turn right onto Route 9 (New York Road). Seaview will be on the right.
From the West: Atlantic City Expressway to Exit 12. Turn left on 575 for 3.8 miles, then right on Jimmie Leeds Road. Proceed east 5.9 miles. Turn right onto Route 9 (New York Road). The hotel will be on the right.
From the South: Travel north on the Garden State Parkway and take Exit 41. At the light at the end of the ramp, turn right on Jimmie Leeds Road. Proceed east 3.7 miles. Turn right onto Route 9 (New York Road). Seaview will be on the right.
Or click here for Google driving directions.
The Seaview culinary team is passionate about food and aims to make each meal a gourmet masterpiece. The group will dine together for breakfast, lunch and some dinners. Meals will be served buffet style with a variety of choices including vegetarian and gluten free options. If you have dietary restrictions you will be able to indicate them on the registration form.
For commuters—3 meals: 2 lunches, 1 dinner
For participants with hotel packages—7 meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunches, 1 dinner
The hotel offers free self-parking. When you arrive, you can pull up to the main entrance to check in. The bell service will offer to help you unload and take your bags to your room. You can then pull around to the free parking area or leave your car with valet parking.
Self-parking price: Free
Valet parking: $6 per day for commuters, $13 per day for participants with hotel packages
Need a ride? Have an extra space in your car? Flying in and looking to rent a car or share expenses on an airport shuttle? Taking public transit and looking to share ground transportation costs? Check out our carpool board to connect with others looking to share rides and expenses. Although many people wait until the last minute to post, it can be a good idea to plan ahead. Carpool board.
1. Train: Philadelphia to Absecon: NJ Transit Atlantic City Rail Line
2. Taxi: Make arrangements with Galloway Cab (see below)
1. Train: Philadelphia to Atlantic City: NJ Transit Atlantic City Rail Line
2. Bus: Atlantic City to Seaview: NJ Transit #559, Stop #3
From Baltimore, Washington DC, Boston, etc.
1. Train: Amtrak Corridor to Philadelphia
2. Train: Philadelphia to Atlantic City: NJ Transit Atlantic City Rail Line
3. Bus: Atlantic City to Seaview: NJ Transit #559, Stop #3
- Bus: The Atlantic City Bus Terminal has an indoor waiting room with vending machines and restrooms. It is 10 miles from Seaview. The NJ Transit Bus #559 leaves from Atlantic City and stops directly in front of Seaview (stop 3 on the schedule).
- Train: NJ Transit Atlantic City Train Line, Absecon Stop, 3.5 miles from the Seaview. It’s a very basic platform with only a shelter, so there are no restrooms or services. You’ll need to call ahead for a cab (see below).
Note: Other public transportation options may be available including Amtrak, Greyhound and NJ Transit, but the routes recommended above are cost-conscious and the most direct options for getting to the Getaway.
Closest Airport: Atlantic City International Airport (7.5 miles from Seaview). Spirit Airlines offers direct flights from many major cities to Atlantic City International Airport.
Other Nearby Airports (Served by all major airlines)
- Philadelphia International Airport (65 miles from Seaview)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (104 miles from Seaview)
Frank’s Limousine & Airport Shuttle
Call ahead and they will try to match you with other Getaway travelers which will lower your cost considerably. Rates below, as of 12/1/2015, do not include tip. 609-748-2238
- Atlantic City Airport (ACY) to Seaview: $35 for up to 3 passengers
- Philadelphia Airport (PHL) to Seaview: $125 for up to 3 passengers
- Newark Airport (EWR) to Seaview: $225 for up to 2 passengers, $60 additional for 3rd passenger
24 hour service. Call a day ahead to reserve a cab. They also ask that you call again just before boarding train, plane or bus to make sure there will be no delays. 609-748-0075
Atlantic City Yellow Cab Company
Pickup within Atlantic City only. 609-344-1221
Still Not Sure? Contact us at 609-626-3594 or email email@example.com.